Crock Pot Cooking
Alright, so I only have 2 more weeks of maternity leave left and I'm already starting to worry about how I will get everything done at night when I get home. Daycare pickup, laundry, bottle and bath time for Mr. Elliott, and oh yeah....dinner for Mark and me. I suddenly have a new found appreciation for all the mothers out there.
My friend Sara Schwertfeger had a post on her blog on crock pot recipes that you can prepare ahead of time and freeze. My friend Morgan was visiting from Des Moines this weekend and she offered to help so I very quickly took her up on it. Yay for friends who love to cook! It took the two of us almost 3 hours to chop and assemble everything.
Below are the 2 websites I used. The 5 meals I chose to make are vegetable beef soup, teriyaki chicken, BBQ chicken, goulash, and chicken curry. I'll let you know how they taste!
| Elliott even helped |
Freezing meals was one of the best things we did when Addison was a baby. You will love it! I can't believe how big Elliott looks sitting in the bumbo! Can't wait to see him next weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat is exactly what I am doing this weekend while Andrew is away. I am sure I will need to do another round before I head back to work!
ReplyDelete