Friday, August 30, 2013

5-Year Anniversary

Mark and I became Mr. and Mrs. Currie on August 16th, 2008, almost eight years after meeting each other in September, 2000.  I was only 14 and Mark had just turned 16.  We were extremely young, but we knew pretty early on that we were meant to be together. 


 

 
 
 
I surprised Mark with tickets to Chicago for our 5-year anniversary. Ok, I didn't really surprise him.  I had to tell him three weeks in advance so he could schedule a three day weekend away from work.  Yes, I said weekend. Mark's employer has recently ignored American's standard 5-day work week. Those bridges are important folks!
 
Although it was a quick three days, we managed to fit a lot of fun stuff in.  Even two naps!  Yup.  We spent two of our precious hours in Chicago taking naps.  Thanks to my cousin Lisa and a couple coworkers for all the really fun recommendations.  What an amazing city! And thanks to Pops and Mimi (Jon and Mary) for watching Elliott. 
 
 







 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It really is such a fun city. Hopefully it wasn't too hot! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete