Enter the "18 month sleep regression." It hit us like a freight train. Our baby went from falling asleep without a peep and within 10 minutes of laying down in his crib to absolutely refusing to let us leave his room. We first tried the "cry it out" method since we were successful with getting him to sleep through the night with this method. But we quickly realized that this wouldn't work after two days of crying through his whole naptime at daycare. So, we've resorted to laying down on the floor next to him until he falls asleep. I sure hope that all the blogs about 18 month sleep regressions are right and this only last 2-6 weeks. We are entering week number 3 so cross your fingers!
Here's to hoping for some more of this....
Oh no! That is not fun. And I (not yet having a child that age) have never heard of it before. I, in general, think that a lot of people don't talk about a child's sleep habits because they feel that they are the only ones that struggle or that others will judge them for it.
ReplyDeleteAddison went through it too. I think she was 2. She would wake up in the middle of the night and want to go sleep on the couch in the living room! It was the strangest thing. She will still occasionally wake up in the night. Some nights she wants one of us to lay on her floor and she will fall back asleep in her own bed. Other nights she wants to sleep on the floor in our room. I know it goes against what all the "experts" say to do but we usually do what she wants us to do. Much easier to lay on her floor for 5 minutes than to fight with her about it for an hour! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
ReplyDelete