Monique called me on Thursday and said Elliott woke up from his nap with a fever and bad cough. We took him to urgent care on Saturday and they sent us home with an oral steroid and breathing treatments. I took him back to the doctor on Monday after a nearly 5 hour coughing attack. My heart ached for him and I couldn't stand watching him cough so hard. They gave him antibiotics for an ear infection and sent us on our way. After a night of 13.5 hours of sleep with almost no coughing we brought him back to Monique's. She emailed me an hour after I left and said that he ate a whole bowl of quinoa with blueberries and flax seed. The little squirt has hardly eaten anything for us in 5 days and Monique gets him to eat after one hour!! I think a day of normalcy at Monique's was the prescription he needed!
A huge thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Currie for helping us out this weekend! We had Mark's work Christmas party on Saturday night so they offered to come down and watch Elliott. We pretty much got home from urgent care and handed him to grandma and grandpa and walked back out the door. Grandma was a big help making meals all weekend and did all of our laundry! Sure is nice to have extra hands when you are caring for a sick little one!
 |
| Mom, please make this icky cough go away. |
 |
| Getting tested for pneumonia. I'm pretty sure he hates doctors with a passion now! |
.JPG) |
| Feeling much better after spending a day with friends at daycare. |
Oh no! I hate having a sick baby! Ean had RSV last year, and I was so rough. McKinley has a bad cold now, and it just hurts my heart to see her like that! Hopefully Elliott gets better soon!
ReplyDelete