Friday, November 14, 2014

Elliott - 31 months

I can't believe I'm already writing Elliott's post for 31 months. I feel like I just wrote one a week ago.

Highlights:
- He LOVES tractors, grain bins, grain carts, augers, combines, and semis. He now practices his "gobbling up corn" so he can help grandpa in the field.
- He has a mind of his own.
- He has a mind of his own.
- He has a mind of his own. Oh wait, I already said that...
- He already wears size 9 shoes. Yikes!
- He loves to read books before bed. Right now I think it's more a stall tactic then the actual thrill of reading the book. He knows some of his books by heart and can finish sentences and knows when you skip a page.
- There is a fine line between being sweet with his baby sister and terrorizing her.

Conversations:
Mom: Can you please help me set the table, Elliott? (for the 3rd time)
Elliott: Of course, Mommy.
Mom: Well thank you, Elliott.
Elliott: You are sooo welcome.

Dad: Elliott, what are the rules when we get in the tub with Claire?
Elliott: No splashing and no scaring, baby Claire.

(Elliott heard the story of how both Grandpa John and Great Grandpa Marvin got the combine stuck twice in one morning)
Elliott: (Playing farm with Dad) The combine is stuck in the mud, Daddy.
Dad: It is? How are we going to get it out?
Elliott: We going to get the blue rope and pull it with the tractor.

Mom: Elliott, how do we get the corn out of the field?
Elliott: We gobble it up with the combine.
Mom: And then what do you do with it?
Elliott: It goes in the grain cart and then the semi.
Mom: How does it get there?
Elliott: With the auger.
Mom: Then where does it go?
Elliott: To the elebator.

Don't let that smile fool you...

Movie night with Mommy

Scooping snow with Daddy

They started developing the field to the north of our house. Elliott was glued to the window the first few days.

Play-Doh bridge













1 comment:

  1. OMG...that first photo! So handsome...look out ladies!

    ReplyDelete