Friday, June 26, 2015

When Mom Becomes Your New Name

I will be the first to admit that I can be brutally honest about how hard parenting is. Elliott sure wasn't the best baby to ease Mark and I into parenthood. I remember crying to my sister on the phone when Elliott was just a few weeks old saying "He's not normal. They can't all be this way can they?" Fast forward a few months and we had a walking and talking toddler that won't sit down and shut up. Fast forward a few years and we have a baby and a toddler. There are days when Mark and I hardly speak to each other between all the diaper changes, tubs, meal preparing, and bottle feedings. But it's all worth it when I hear my kids say Mom, or in Claire's words mamamama. I love coming home after work and seeing both kids run/crawl to me while screaming Mommy. 

I love these two and I can't wait for the new stages of motherhood as these two grow up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment