Such a cliché saying, but it’s so true. I first experienced this 6 word idiom when I was 18 and Mark and I traveled opposite directions to go to school. We were so young but it was not fun traveling 4 hours in the opposite direction knowing that our relationship would primarily consist of phone conversations.
I experienced this a second time when Elliott and Mark
traveled to Iowa for a week to help Grandma and Grandpa Currie with
harvest. I was excited to have the time
alone and not have to spend half my night caring for another human being. I quickly found myself asking what I did with
my time before Elliott. What do you mean
I have 5 hours to myself at night? (Ok, I’ll be honest it’s really only 4 hours
since 9:00 is typically my lights out.) About
3 days into this glorious 7 days of “vacation,” I missed Elliott…and of course Mark.
J
Elliott had a wonderful time in Iowa. He learned a new word while working on the farm...truck. It sounds more like "duh-ah" and is used for trucks, tractors, combines, etc. He got to spend time with all three sets of grandparents while Mark was in the field. He is so blessed to have them! I think this will have to be an annual vacation.
![]() |
| I love this pictures because it looks like he's actually working! |
![]() |
| Break time with Grandpa |
| Loving the combine ride |
| Dad, Mom, and Elliott all in the combine |
| Elliott would give the sign for "more" when the corn stopped |
| Spending some time with Grandma Olympia |
| Elliott absolutely loved playing with Ace. Surprisingly, Ace took it pretty well. I think he will take any attention he can get during harvest season! |
| Classic! |
| Just two guys working on the farm |


Somehow I'd missed a few of your posts...
ReplyDeleteThis one is so cute! He looks adorable in the bibs, snowsuits, and working in the field.