Tuesday, May 19, 2015

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth...

April 27th 
I'm leisurely searching the wine aisle at Hy-Vee when I get a frantic call from Mark. "Ang, you have to come home now. Elliott fell on his bike and hit his teeth." I put the wine bottle down and ran out the store. When I got home we took him to urgent care, but the nurse said there wasn't much they could do with teeth. We went home and waited until morning when we could see the dentist.

April 28th
The next morning it took 5 seconds for the dentist to look at his teeth and say the words I was dreading to hear, "I've got bad news. These need to come out." His teeth were so shattered that the nerves were showing and it would only be a matter of time before infection would set in. Elliott got 6 shots of Novocaine....ugh, that was just the beginning. The first dentist started and after 4 minutes I made her stop because we weren't getting anywhere and Elliott was absolutely hysterical. The second dentist came in who "specialized in extractions." After a grueling 30 minutes the two teeth finally came out. Let's just say it was a traumatic experience for everyone!
This was just a few hours after the accident. They actually looked worse the next morning. 

Elliott's new smile! 

Putting him to work the day after his extraction! I think he recovered sooner than Mom. 



1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I cannot even imagine how rough that was for everyone!

    ReplyDelete