Friday, June 28, 2013

Our Own Nanny

Everyone warns you that having a kid is a lot of work.  You hear a lot of... "No more sleeping in," "No more free time," "No more relaxing Sundays."  I remember taking all these comments with a grain of salt.  "Yeah, yeah.  I know." 

But I didn't know.  I had no idea.  Adding Elliott to our family has been like adding a second full time job on my list of things to do for the day.  To Do #1: Be a mother.

The only thing different about this “To Do,” is that I actually want to do it.  I love being a mother and I absolutely love Elliott.  A parent's love for their child truly is indescribable.  However, there are moments that I wish Mark and I had help.  Someone to help change the dirty diapers.  Someone to help put him to bed at night.  Someone to watch him so I can run a quick 30 minute errand without lugging around a car seat.  Someone to help entertain him so I can actually make a real meal again without Elliott constantly begging at my side to be picked up.

Surprisingly, my wish was granted!  My brother’s fiancé stayed with us while she was on rotation with an allergist in Overland Park.  She was like our own live-in nanny!  We had a fun two weeks and we were sad to see her go! 


Story Time

Going Swimming

Uncle Danny and Elliott playing with Legos

2 comments:

  1. I hear you... I am sure Javen made the perfect nanny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if you read Iowa Girl Eats or not, but her post about her KC trip made me think of you. If I lived there, I think I would check out some of these restaurants!

    http://iowagirleats.com/2013/07/08/eating-our-way-through-kansas-city/

    ReplyDelete